I've Been Feeling Stuck...
Let me explain.
As well as running my own Career Coaching business, I also work full time in a corporate leadership role.
Within my day job, I have been involved in MAJOR projects and volumes have been busy. This has meant working long days and logging in at night at times. My team has grown from 40 to over 80 within 3 months. I've travelled for work recently. Days are packed with meetings all day long and there's always a lot to do!
(And ALSO during this time I completed my Life Coaching course and launched my own business too...)
But my priorities shifted so that I could make sure I get everything achieved - but not in the best or most supportive way.
Exercise has not been regular or consistent. Unhealthy eating habits have crept back in. (Hello, sugar!) I've seen my old friend insomnia return. I've been running on adrenalin and high energy.
As a result I've been feeling stuck.
I have felt sluggish. Drained. Unhealthy. I have felt cluttered - physically, mentally and emotionally. I haven't felt connected or as inspired some days. Eeeek.
Whilst I LOVE both my career coaching business and my day job - I've recognised that I need to look after me FIRST so that I CAN achieve everything I want to achieve. (As well as be a loving wife, mother and friend too...!)
Here's what I'm currently doing to get 'un-stuck'...
(It might help you too if you're feeling this way...!)
- I am currently reading The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organising. When we're so busy it's so easy to throw things into corners or piles and think we'll clean it later. I know I don't! I want my physical space at work and at home to be clear and clean to allow energy to flow through easily and for my mind to think more clearly. I also feel calmer with a tidy environment.
- My quick tip : make a list of all the spaces/cupboards/areas that you KNOW are congested, put the list somewhere visible, and then MAKE time to tackle them.
CONNECT WITH YOURSELF
- It might sound a bit woo-woo, but connecting with yourself emotionally and mentally can really help clear the cobwebs. It can also help you to reconnect with your WHYs. I'm currently working through Danielle LaPorte's The Fire Starter Sessions: A Soulful + Practical Guide to Creating Success on Your Own Terms audio series.
- My quick tip : As important as goals are - it is ALSO important to know how you want to FEEL in your life/love/career, and how you want to FEEL every single day. Once you're clear on these - it will guide everything you do and make it meaningful for you.
- I am making my physical health a priority so that I have full energy to achieve everything I want to achieve in my life! I recently volunteered at a Food Matters event in Sydney and I met the VERY inspirational Dr Libby Weaver. Her talk was so inspiring and I am now reading her book Exhausted to Energised. (I was lucky to get a signed copy too!) Hubby and I are now starting a 3 month health reboot - to prioritise our fitness and healthy eating.
- My quick tip : If you often operate in a stressed, fight or flight state - you may often rely on quick energy to keep going. Sugars. Simple carbs. Junk food. However, the longer you're in this state, the body stops using the right fuel for energy and will only burn the fast fuels you're giving it. This makes it even HARDER to lose weight. Rest, relaxation and restoration are KEY.
- It's so important that we also make time for ourselves. For me - this is about making sure I spend time with my family and friends and that I am PRESENT to enjoy the moment. I make time to read and to keep learning. I try to keep it light - by having fun and LAUGHING. Life is not meant to be taken seriously!
- My quick tips : Schedule in ME TIME, just as you would other commitments and responsibilities. Develop healthy routines. SWITCH OFF when you need to. Balance is the key!
I am now feeling motivated and energised to declutter, reboot and enjoy more REAL energy in my life... not the adrenalin kind! I am starting to feel the benefits of these simple steps which is fantastic and believe this will allow the energy to shift to let me achieve my BIG goals this year...!!
It's so easy for us to fall back into old habits or lose sight of the important priorities. What can you do today to get un-stuck and get energy moving again?
Are you feeling stuck in your life or career career?
Email me at email@example.com for your FREE 30 min consult so we can explore where you are stuck and how I can help you get clarity and purpose...!